Hey from Jake at Minimal

Hello Minimal Audio

Just downloaded Rift Filter Lite - sounds great! Looking forward to playing around with it. Looks like a bigger and better things are on their way :slight_smile:

All the best

1 Like

Hey Yes!

Thanks for joining the forum and joining us on launch day!

More stuff on the way!

Best,

Jacob

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Just downloaded and installed Rift Filter Lite.
A word or two about the installation, if I may :slight_smile:
I’m on Windowsd10.
The installer installs everything, there’s no choice between VST2 and/or VST3, and also it doesn’t give me an option for where I can install the program.
In my case, if there’s 2 versions to play with, I usually install the VST3 version, and if I have to install a VST2 version, then I don’t use something like ‘Program Files\VSTplugins’…
So, that’s of my chest, can’t wait to get started now :smile:

2 Likes

Hey!

Thanks so much for checking out the plugin and sending us some feedback.

I can definitely see how that would be annoying, and we’ve heard this from a few people now. We’re planning to add custom installation paths as soon as we can!

Feel free to reach out with any other feedback!

Ben from Minimal Audio

I think you should make a discord community like vital, I really like that kind of contribution.

2 Likes

we already have this, trying to manage both a forum and a discord can be very demanding.

Hi there, just purchased Rift (and got rift filter lite too in the meantime) : really nice plugin but I can see a few areas for improvement. Is there no dedicated feature request thread on the forum?
Here one that hit me immediately : no retriggering option for the curves.
there is the option for the LFO to behave like a one shot envelope and trigger on midi nots, it would be great to be able to use these nice curves as envelopes…

1 Like

Hey @Jee !

MIDI retriggering in both one-shot and looping modes is actually possible with the LFO and Curves. There’s a button/icon that looks like a square with an arrow pointing into it that has three modes.

The default mode is standard looping and no retriggering.
2nd mode is looping retriggering.
3rd mode is one-shot retriggering.

I’d recommend turning on the tooltips ("?" icon in the top bar) for more info.

We do have a Feature Requests category, so please feel free to post anything else! Feature Requests - Minimal Audio

Thanks for posting!

Hi ben, apologies, I should have RTFM! :slight_smile:
And it actually looks the same than the one on the LFO that I did spot so it was quite obvious. :s
Anyway! That’s a very solid build that we have here and it’s been long time I was looking for something a bit new in the distortion world.
The fact that every important parameter can be tuned / quantized / MIDI played is something I was looking for since ages!
Thanks for this beautiful plugin guys!
Thanks for pointing the feature request thread, I’ll drop a line there if something crosses my mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thank Ben, Jake, and the Minimal Audio team for not just shipping a crackin’ brilliant product, but also being so friendly and communicative. That’s a significant part of why I feel really good using Rift… and more to come I hope.

It bums me out when there’s a cool tool not backed by quality support and feedback — that IS how we make these things better together — so… THANK YOU. :smiley:

@Audilepsy Nice seeing you here. I dig your “Illusions of the Mind” bank for BYOME! Preset Packs – Unfiltered Audio … if you do one for Rift, I know it’d be awesome!

2 Likes

Jake and crew!

Thank you so much for getting this thing going. I keep finding new ways to use Rift and it has made my music more interesting.

I live in Los Angeles and make primarily film music and ambient stuff these days.

Good to meet y’all

1 Like

Hell yeah!

Welcome new peepszzzzz.

Please feel free at any time to use the features request forums as well as issues for anything you encounter.

We’re currently working on some beefy performance & feature updates for Rift!

Yo guys
been following ya’ll as artists and developers for a long time.
Extremely supportive of everything you’re doing. Big up.
Love the forum design too btw.

I’m Aviv, I live in Israel.
I manage and run the Fusion Culture group, we curate events that revolve around alternative electronic music, art and dance.
Through this work I also started producing other projects such as yoga courses and retreats, I also do some woodworking as a hobbie.
Oh and I write music and dj under the moniker flyco.

Stoked to take part in this community.

2 Likes

Thanks for joining @Aviv.flyco !

Hey there

Marcos from Portugal aka Impex. I produce Neurofunk dnb and im always searching for new ways of mangling my sounds and make new ones out of the new ones and the new ones, etc… you know where this is going.

Started with the rift filter a couple days ago and im really liking it. Gonna hop on the distortion plugin very soon tho as it sounds amazing. Big ups and keep up the good work

3 Likes

Hey Jake just joined read some positive stuff on the forum about your sample drops is it possible to send me some links,thanks.

Hey @Alek23 — welcome to the forum!

You can sign up for our sample drops here and you’ll start recieving sounds every two weeks :slight_smile:

Cheers