Moving To Discord?

Hey everyone,

We’ve gotten feedback from people that this forum isn’t ideal and everyone would prefer to move to discord in order to communicate about things.

We’re planning out a big redesign to our website, as well trying to make the decision on whether or not to move these conversations over there.

We’re looking for more feedback on that, if you’ve been active here, would you have preferred to have been on discord? Any tips for moving to discord?

Thanks!

5 Likes

I don’t know about the advantages of discord, but this forum could be used in any browser but discord is additive application and I personally don’t use it

1 Like

Discord is a really solid way for quick communication. There are several makers that use it for this, some support, and overall just community building. When COVID-19, it seems that it made a leap from just gamers and Gen Z to much older and tech aware folks. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I thought for some time that this is somekind of embedded dischord. I am on Dischored and other Devs too. So if the move happens I will be OK.

Perhaps notifications would be a bit better over there.

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I think this is a Discourse forum. As far as site forums, Discourse is fairly cool. The bot onboarding and ‘leveling up’ is certainly unique. :slight_smile:

A move to discord would be pretty good IMO

You would reach more people there too i think

1 Like

I made a forum account just to say I’m surprised there’s no discord - I see vital/kilohearts and many other places with discords. They’re good for communities and getting answers to super specific things. People who are enthusiastic about your project will give really respectable feedback and want to work closely with the community and help. People like to feel a part of something.

Conversations don’t really come easy in forums, as it’s a bit of a different feeling when you post a comment in a forum compared to in a chat.

I’m late 20’s, never used forums, I can count how many forum posts i’ve made on my fingers. I think a lot more people use discord now than is thought! :slight_smile:

If I can’t find an answer I still won’t ask a question if it means making a forum account. It’s effort making another account for another website lol. But I understand how easy it is to moderate on your own forum.

3 Likes

Discord can run in a browser :slight_smile:

Also something Discord can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t put Discord in the same category as FB, X, etc. re being addictive. It’s more like a modernized IRC.

That being said, smart phones, in general, are addictive as hell. Turn them off and make music instead!

Absolutely.
I think that with 10K followers on IG Minimal is totally ready to move to a more community based environment. I will absolutely participate more when that happens.

We can share presets, creative methods and so much more.
Let’s do it.

1 Like

I’m thinking MA might have more time to devote to this after the holidays. It is definitely a good idea though.

Hey everyone — we’ll likely be moving to Discord next week. We’re off this week other than support :slight_smile:

Looking forward to connecting more.

2 Likes

Great News! Thanks!!

We finally soft launched our Discord server. Come say what up!

2 Likes