User Create Pack

Hi.
The User Create Pack function allows users to create their own personal preset packs, and it would be useful if the packs created here could be displayed in the list of presets in the Preset Browser in Current.
Currently, I only use the preset packs I create for personal use, so if I cannot see them in the preset browser, I do not think it is a very useful feature.
The only way to select a pack is from the default “USER” folder, and although it is possible to search by tag, it would be more convenient to be able to select from a folder.

Hey @maritumix!

I’m not 100% sure I follow so I might need some more info. All user/3rd party packs should display in both the preset popup (from the top bar) and the Stream’s “Presets” tab.

To see them in the Stream you have to click the “user” icon here.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 2.39.16 PM

If that doesn’t help can you share a screenshot showing what you’re seeing?

Normally, when you create a preset, it is generated in the default “User” folder and can be found in the “User” section of the Current presets popup.
However, presets in folders created with the “User Create Pack” will not appear in the Current preset popup or in the Stream search.
The point is that we want the title of the folder created by “User Create Pack” to appear in the left column of the Preset popup.
Or am I putting the folders I created in the wrong place?

I think the folders look correct. If you scroll down the Test packs aren’t showing up? The User pack is at the top but otherwise its alphabetical.

No, you will not see the Test folder even if you scroll down to the bottom. I have some presets in the folder for confirmation.
Is it actually supposed to be displayed?

@maritumix

They should show up if you go to settings > rescan preset folders.

We have already tried that as well, but it does not show up.

Ok and just to be sure. There are presets in these folders, right? Empty packs will not show up.

Yes, I have several presets in every folder.

Can you check your permission for the Preset folder and the individual user pack folders and make sure you have full access?

Please send us the entire Presets folder and let us know what version of Current your on if that doesn’t help.

We have included some, but not all, presets that can be loaded.
The version is 1.1.2.

Hey, when I open this .zip I see this:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 102504

And inside of the Presets folder are the packs:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 102530

This looks like the pack folders might be inside of the original User folder on your computer, which is where the DEFAULT preset is stored.

Can you make sure that the packs (including User) are in this location?

C:\ProgramData\Minimal\Current\Presets\Test1
C:\ProgramData\Minimal\Current\Presets\User\DEFAULT.xml

Once I did that they showed up for me. It looks like creating a pack adds them here as well, so I’m not sure how this would have happened.

That’s right, the “DEFAULT.xml” is located in the User folder. (Sorry, I had removed “DEFAULT.xml” from the User folder I gave you. It is actually in there.)
Both locations are correct.

Ah ok, that looks correct.

I’m not sure what’s going on unfortunately. It seems to be specific to your set up somehow since the packs you shared showed up for me on both Mac and Windows 11.

I’ll talk to the rest of the team and see what else we can try.

Thank you for your response over the past days.
I hope that one day this will be resolved.