Current crashing on loading presets

I’m on Windows 10 and the crashing occurs both in Reaper and Bitwig. I’m not sure if it’s specific presets or if it’s just a random glitch.

Faulting application name: BitwigPluginHost-X64-SSE41.exe, version: 5.1.0.7076, time stamp: 0x6554c3b8
Faulting module name: Current.vst3, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6548121f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000011cfcb0
Faulting process ID: 0x1d3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da1a4400ea29f9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\5.1 Beta 6\bin\BitwigPluginHost-X64-SSE41.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Current.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\Current.vst3
Report ID: b16737b2-54cc-4aa4-8d5f-d9bd7ff7332b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi,
Had similar yesterday.
Windows 10, Cubase 13.
6 tracks running.
3 audio
Groove agent 5
Phaseplant
Current

With 32 bar loop playing & changing sounds on Current local presets, Cubase crashed.

Will forward crash report to Steinberg later this week.
Mike

Hey, thanks for reporting @NikalMight @Mike.

Are you both on the most recent 1.1.0 version of Current? We fixed a crash that could be responsible for this.

@Mike can you share the Cubase crash report here as well?

Hi Ben, Crash dump sent via email.
Kind regards
Mike

Hi Ben,
Crash png
Kind regards
Mike

I think I was running the version just after you changed the subscription model. 1.1.0 seems to be a bit more stable.

Thanks. It’s hard to tell exactly what is causing the crash from these reports but we did find and fix one thing that might have been causing it.

I just updated Current to v1.1.1. Please update when you get a chance and let me know if the crashes are gone.

Hi Ben,
Just tried version 1.1.1 & Cubase 13 crashed 3 times in a row whilst changing sounds with loop running.
Have sent crash dumps to Jake via email.
Kind regards
Mike

Hi Ben & Jake,
Going to try a few things this weekend, but not holding out much hope for a good result, but you never know :thinking:.

Will updating my Minimal audio effects do anything as have permanent licences for them?

Will try out the Vst 2 version of Current instead of the Vst 3.

Will try new projects in Cubase 12 & 13 with just Current loaded & maybe an audio drum loop if that seems stable.

Please let me know if you find out any issues with the crash dumps I emailed Jake.

Kind regards
Mike

Hi Ben & Jake,

Link to Steinberg with regards to above fault.

Kind regards
Mike

Thanks Mike – I’ll reach out and see if I can get the decrypted crash log from the Cubase team.

Hi Jake & Ben,

Please see below from Martin Jirsak at Steinberg.

Kind regards.
Mike

45x45 Martin.Jirsak
November 25

Hi,

All the crashes are the same:

Current+0x11de0e0
Current+0x11dd187
0x55276678
0x1c4ceaa0
0x552703e0
0x5527667c
0x1c4ceed0

It crashes in the Current plug-in. Steinberg cannot do anything against it. Please, get in contact with the plug-in vendor. Thank you.

Thanks @Mike @NikalMight

Can you try deleting the minimal.db file in ProgramData\Minimal\Current, then open Current and click on the gear icon in the top right and select Advanced → Validate Database.

It’s possible that something in the database got corrupted and it’s causing the crash when you try to load it. This will reset it.

Hi Ben,
Will give it a go.

Someone has suggested the below would help.

Muzik4Life

4d

Did you have any of Minimal Audio plugins installed before installing current? You may need to delete Currents preferences which is located @ C:\ProgramData\Minimal\Current Delete global.settings, minimal.license, minimal.

Launch cubase run current again follow steps to register. Do this on a blank Cubase canvas.

What do you think Ben.

Kind rergards
Mike

Hey, I doubt deleting anything other than the minimal.db would help.

The license file is only loaded during plugin instantiation and the global settings store some info like the UI scaling and if the tooltips are active. I don’t think anything is done with either of these when a preset loads.

There’s no harm in deleting them other than loosing some global settings and having to log in to Current again, though.

Hi Ben,

Busy till the weekend but will try then.

Thanks for your help. :+1:

I think some of the issues are with Cubase even though they point the finger at Current.

Please see below link from Gearspace.

Kind regards
Mike

Thanks, @Mike — unfortunately it’s not just in Cubase, so we’re eager to figure out what exactly is causing the crash. I spent a lot of today trying to reproduce again without success.

Did deleting your minimal.db file help?

Would it be possible to send a screen capture of the issue?

Hi Ben,

Please see image below.

See Audio performance box

Audio spike/overload with preset’s like “come with me” & “Autumn”

Screen freeze also with volume showing high with no sound.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Mike

Hi Ben,

Deleted the database & validated.
Cubase 12 not crashing now but Current is using a whole songs worth of audio performance by itself.

Strange that Asio guard doesn’t show up on Audio performance meter.

Please see attached on the Autumn preset.

Kind regards
Mike

I’ve got another crash report with Current 1.1.1. I’ve had several with the same offset.

Faulting application name: reaper_host64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65392386
Faulting module name: Current.vst3, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x655e5e69
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000011de0e0
Faulting process ID: 0xe8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da252e20f89e34
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\reaper_host64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Current.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\Current.vst3
Report ID: 2fdfdc11-c2e1-4206-b452-5d408e55438d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: